Our community and our country continues to battle the SARS-CoV-2 and the resulting COVID-19 illness. Udac will continue to follow CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) and the MDH (Minnesota Department of Health) guidelines to help protect the people we are privileged to serve, our colleagues, our families and our community. The cold weather will give COVID-19 an advantage with the numerous reasons to gather together indoors. I encourage everyone to continue to follow COVID-19 precautions and encourage vaccination for those that are eligible.
COVID-19 most commonly spreads between people who are in close contact through respiratory droplets or small particles produced when an infected person coughs, talks, or breathes. Growing evidence shows that droplets can remain suspended in the air and travel distances beyond six feet, according to the CDC. Indoor environments with poor ventilation increase the risk of transmission.
To prevent infection and to slow transmission of COVID-19, do the following:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when in public settings or around others.
- Maintain at least six feet distance between you and people coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs.
- Practice physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people.
Additional Information on COVID-19
St. Louis County COVID-19 Dashboard (stlouiscountymn.gov)
MN Dept. of Health – Situation Update for COVID-19 (state.mn.us)
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Coronavirus Disease 2019
COVID-19 Vaccines for Children (science.org)
Thank you for your continued effort to keep yourself and others safe from COVID-19.